Thesis Topics for MS – Surgery ( selected ) AIIMS
- Accuracy of Sentinel node biopsy in predicting axillary nodal status following neo adjuvant chemotherapy in locally advanced breast cancer. Co -Guide.
- Role of in vitro MR spectroscopy in evaluation of lymph nodes in patients with lymphadenopathy. Co-Guide.
- Effect of bisphosphonates on bone mineral density after renal transplantation as assessed by bone mineral densitometry
- Evaluation of Feasibility and Performance of Minimally invasive Radioguided Parathyroidectomy in Established Cases of Primary Hyperparathyroidism
- Evaluation of the role of Pneumatic Compression Pump in the management of Post-Mastectomy Lymphedema
- Factors affecting incidence of early postoperative complications
- Three port vs. four ports laparoscopic cholecystectomy- A prospective randomized controlled study
- Focused abdominal sonography in trauma (FAST) in patients with blunt trauma abdomen- A prospective study
- Post cholecystectomy symptoms following laparoscopic cholecystectomy
- Ambulatory Laparoscopic hernia repair: A feasibility study
- Evaluation of early outcomes and quality of life after day care conventional inguinal hernia repair
- Role of centchroman in management of mastalgia and fibroadenoma” – a randomized study
- Relationship of Serum TSH with Thyroid Vascularity assessed at operation.
- Advanced Sentinel lymph Node evaluation in breast and head and neck cancers.
- To study the burden of post – operative surgical site infections in clean and clean contaminated operations.
- To evaluate the role of intra – abdominal pressure as a predictor of abdominal wound dehiscence.
- Dyslipidemia and cardiovascular risk factors in renal transplant recipients
- CMV disease in transplantation (Microbiology)
- Total extra peritoneal hernia repair comparison of space creation by direct telescope vs. balloon dissection- A randomized controlled study
- Standardized mesh repair for inguinal hernia- A pilot study
- To study the feasibility of fast track thyroidectomy
- Post operative surgical site infection in clean and clean contaminated operations
- B hCG expression inpatients with benign and malignant breast diseases
- Prospective Study to evaluate the role of Helicobacter pylori in benign and malignant hepatobiliary disease
- “Mammotome guided biopsy for indeterminate breast lesions following fine needle aspiration cytology
- Radical duct excision for nipple discharge (benign breast disease) – its long term follow up.
- Role of Centchroman in regression of Mastalgia and regression of Fibroadenoma and its correlation to histopathology and estrogen and progesterone receptor.
- Safety and efficacy of autologous stem cells in prevention of amputation in patients with chronic critical limb: a randomized multi-centric study.
- Standardized open mesh repair for primary inguinal hernia – A Pilot Study.
- Role of FDG PET-CT in evaluation of axillary lymph node involvement in T1 T2 N0 M0 breast cancer in comparison with Sentinel node Biopsy.
- “Evaluation of neo-adjuvant chemotherapy in locally advanced breast cancer” in collaboration with Department of Radiotherapy, Radiology & Pathology.
- “Sentinel lymph node biopsy for locally advanced breast carcinoma after neoadjuvant chemotherapy” in collaboration with Department of Nuclear Medicine, Pathology, and Radiotherapy.
3. Characterization of thymoma using F18 fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography (FDG PET – CT) and its correlation with histopathology in collaboration with Department of Nuclear Medicine & Pathology.
4. Evaluation of patients with primary mediastinal lymphadenopathy using FDG-PET-CT scan and its correlation with histopathology – A prospective study in collaboration with Medicine, Nuclear Medicine & pathology.
5. Clinical co-relation of ER, PR, HER2 neu expression and BRCA1 gene mutations in Indian breast cancer patients.
Collaborative Research (Ongoing)
1. Quality of life of live related donors ( Nephrology)
2. Molecular typing and detection of Mupirocin and Methicillin Resistant Staph aureus ( Microbiology)
3. Cytokine Gene Polymorphismin Renal Transplant Patients (Transplant Immunology and Immunogenetics)
4. Outcome after laparoscopic cardiomyotomy – early and late” in collaboration with Department of Gastroenterology.
5. Efficacy and feasibility of regional anaesthesia compared to general anaesthesia for totally extraperitoneal laparoscopic inguinal hernia repair in collaboration with Department of Anaesthesiology.
6. “Breast cancer: local tumour staging by MRI and its impact on therapeutic approach” in collaboration with Department of Radiodiagnosis & Pathology.
7. “Evaluation of sentinel lymph nodes in patients with early breast cancer using PET scan in collaboration with Department of Endocrinology, Pathology and Nuclear Medicine
8. Characterization of thymoma using F18 fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography (FDG PET – CT) and its correlation with histopathology in collaboration with Department of Nuclear Medicine & Pathology.
9. Evaluation of patients with primary mediastinal lymphadenopathy using FDG-PET-CT scan and its correlation with histopathology – A prospective study in collaboration with Medicine, Nuclear Medicine & pathology.