Zhejiang Provincial Government Scholarship for Foreign Students is established by ZHEJIANG Provincial Government aiming to attract and encourage excellent international students to study in Zhejiang.
Categories of Scholarship
1. Scholarship A (￥30，000.00), for the students who study Postgraduate Program (Master Degree and Doctoral Degree).
2. Scholarship B (￥20，000.00), for the students who study Bachelor Degree Program.
3. Scholarship C (￥6，000.00), for the long-term non-degree program students.
When and How to Apply
From January to May: Applicants submit the application documents to Admission Office of the International Exchange College by post or in person. The application documents submit by email will not be accepted. Please make sure that the documents can be arrived before the deadline.
Education background and age limit:
a. Applicants for bachelor degree program (Scholarship B) must have a high school diploma and be under the age of 30.
b. Applicants for Master degree program (Scholarship A) must have bachelor’s degree or equivalent study ability and be under the age of 35.
c. Applicants for Doctoral degree studies must have master’s degree or equivalent study ability and be under the age of 40.
1.Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens in good health.
2. Applicants must be excellent students.
3. Applicants should have a competitive academic record.
4. Applicants can not receive any other Chinese Government Scholarships at the same time.
Applicants must fill in and provide the following documents honestly and correctly.
1、2 Application Forms for Zhejiang Provincial Government Scholarship for Foreign Student filled either in Chinese or in English.
2、Highest diploma (notarized photocopy). If applicants are students, they should also provide the certificates of study from their university. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
3、Transcripts (notarized photocopy). Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
4、Photocopy of the applicant’s passport.
5、Applicants for applying Bachelor degree program are requested to provide two letters of recommendation from their school, for applying Master degree program or Doctoral degree program two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English by professors or associate professors are required.
6、HSK Certificate or other Chinese Language Test results (photocopy) are requested to provide if taking program in Chinese.
7、Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (printed by Chinese quarantine authority and only for those whose period of studies in China lasts up to six months) filled in English.
The medical examinations must cover all of the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. The medical examination results are valid for 6 months. All applicants are kindly requested to take this factor into consideration while determining the time to take the medical examination.
Application documents above will not be returned to applicants no matter whether they are accepted or not.
1. Scholarship students’ affairs are managed according to the relevant regulations of Zhejiang Provincial Scholarship. Scholarship students must go through the Annual Review of the Zhejiang Provincial Government Scholarship Status.
2. Scholarship students are not allowed to change their institutions as well as their academic programs or the duration of study specified in the Admission Notice.
3. Scholarship students who have to suspend their studies due to illness must return to their home country for further treatment and recovery. Expenses for the international travel to and from the university will be borne by the students themselves, and their scholarship status will be reserved for one year at most, with the monthly living allowance stopped during the suspension. Scholarships of the students who suspend their studies for reasons other than illness will not be reserved.
4. The International Exchange College of Hangzhou Dianzi University is responsible for the interpretation of the scholarship granting procedures and regulations.
Approval and Notification
1. Decisions for admission and for granting the scholarships will be made on the basis of the applicants’ competitiveness, academic record and otherwise.
2.The name list of the scholarship awardees for graduate programs will be sent to Zhejiang Provincial Scholarship Council for review.
3.After the name list is reviewed and approved by Zhejiang Provincial Scholarship Council, the scholarship awardees will be notified by the university, and Admission Notice with other relevant documents will be sent to them.