People all over the world are keenly awaiting the Recent Updates on coronavirus treatment all over the world. The contagious coronavirus or coronavirus china outbreak started from Wuhan of china at the end of 2019, which the WHO named COVID-19 (formerly 2019-nCoV), led to a medical emergency across the world stating the biggest pandemic after a long period of time. This coronavirus total death has been in rising day by day and we are waiting for Updates on Coronavirus Treatment
When talking about the Coronavirus symptoms and coronavirus memes, it simply include those associated with the common cold, such as running nose, headache, cough, fever, and sore throat. During its infection, coronavirus early symptoms if not addressed properly, it causes respiratory issues such as upper respiratory tract illnesses and lower respiratory illnesses such as pneumonia and bronchitis.. This COVID-19 is a beta coronavirus that has origin in bats, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and it is believed to have transmitted from animals and reptiles such as snakes, coronaviruses. The use of test kits like RDT and PCR coronavirus test kit is used for the diagnosis of coronavirus disease
Lots of coronavirus memes and treatment has come into existence as this pandemic has to make more concerned all over. Lots of coronavirus vaccine and drug research and trails are on the process and all are focus on it to solve this issue. Here are some of the Recent Updates on coronavirus treatment.
1. Developing Vaccine for Recent Updates on coronavirus treatment
Regarding the coronavirus medicine, they contain vaccines
, drugs, and other prophylactic alternative drugs. We are always on the watch for coronavirus vaccine news updates. we discuss drugs and vaccine and their recent updates. This list of vaccines are currently under development under different technologies are described below
Vaxart’s coronavirus vaccine
- Vaxart the new corona vaccine is developing an oral recombinant vaccine in tablet formulation as VAAST. This company has plans to develop corona or COVID vaccines based on the published genome of 2019-nCOV to be tested in pre-clinical models for mucosal and systemic immune responses.
- CytoDyn company is keenly examining leronlimab (PRO 140), a CCR5 antagonist, as a potential coronavirus drug. This drug is already in phase two clinical trials of treatment for HIV and has been awarded fast-track approval status by the United States Food and Drug Administration.
Linear DNA Vaccine
- Applied DNA Sciences and Takis Biotech formed a joint venture on 07 February to develop a linear DNA vaccine as a treatment for coronavirus. The Joint venture or JV will use Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR)-based DNA manufacturing technology to develop the vaccine for the COVID.
- This PCR technology for the Linear DNA Vaccine has several advantages including high purity, increased production speed, and absence of antibiotics and bacterial contaminants.
- The four DNA vaccine candidates are expected to be produced using the PCR technology for carrying out animal testing. One of the vaccine candidates design is based on the entire spike gene of the coronavirus, while the remaining are designed based on the antigenic portions of the protein.
BXT-25 by BIOXYTRAN
- BIOXYTRAN has already announced that it is exploring partners to develop its lead drug candidate, BX-25, as a treatment for respiratory conditions as ARDS (Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome ) in late-stage patients infected with the coronavirus. The diffusion of oxygen to the blood is comprised of patients suffering from ARDS leading to fluid build-up in the lungs.
- This BX-25 is designed to be 5000 times smaller than blood cells and efficiently transport oxygen through the body for a period of nine hours before being processed by the liver. This drug helps by supplying oxygen to the vital organs and enable the patient to recover and survive.
2. MERS CoV vaccines for coronavirus pandemic Lists
MERS Cov Vaccines are currently using for the corona patients as the corona is very similar resembles to other COVID related conditions as MERS. These are list of MERS Cov Vaccine list for the Recent Updates on Treatment of Corona Virus Outbreaks
- Novavax’s MERS coronavirus vaccine candidate
- Inovio Pharma’s INO-4700
Novavax’s MERS coronavirus vaccine candidate
- In 2013, a novel Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) coronavirus vaccine candidate was developed by Novavx using developed using the company’s recombinant nanoparticle technology. This is a crucial target vaccine development by the Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations (CEPI) and is a priority disease for the World Health Organisation (WHO).
- This candidate vaccine primarily binds to the major surface S-protein of the virus and technology.
- It inhibited infection by inducing immune responses in the laboratory studies.
Inovio Pharma’s INO-4700
- This Inovio Pharma’s INO-4700 is investigational DNA immunotherapy, INO-4700 (GLS-5300) is being developed by Inovio in partnership with GeneOne Life Science. This vaccine drug is delivered as a vaccine intramuscularly, using the Cellectra® delivery device.
- This vaccine was well-tolerated and demonstrated high immune responses against the MERS-CoV in 94% of patients in the early-stage clinical trial in July 2019.
- Pharma’s INO-4700 has also generated broad-based T cell responses in 88% of the subjects during the research trails
3. Corona Virus drugs in various stages of development globally
These different drugs are being used for the corona patients. The use of these drugs are in clinical trials which has good response or no response. clinical trials and studies are being done worldwide at their own circumstances. They are not only used for the corona rather than to improve the complications and symptoms related to the corona infections
This group of drug contain
- Roche Actemra Drug
- REGN3048-3051 and Kevzara
- SNG001 Drug
- An ebola drug Remdesivir developed by Gilead Sciences was found to be ineffective for the corona patients. It is now being tested in two phase III randomized clinical trials in Asian countries. as randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind study at multiple hospitals in Wuhan, the epicenter of the novel coronavirus outbreak.
- According to The New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM), remdesivir, when administered to a coronavirus patient in the US, appeared to have improved the clinical condition.
- In order to test the safety and efficacy of drugs, The University of Nebraska Medical Center is also carrying out clinical trials so far.
Roche Actemra Drug
- China has already approved the use of Roche’s Actemra for the treatment of severe complications related to coronavirus. This drug helps to prevent cytokine storms or overreaction of the immune system during the corona complication leading to Multi-Organ Failure
- This Roche Actemra is under clinical trial in China, which is expected to enroll 188 coronavirus patients.
Biocryst Pharma’s Galidesivir(BCX4430)
- Galidesivir a potential antiviral for coronavirus treatment which is a nucleoside RNA polymerase inhibitor that disrupts the process of viral replication.
- It has shown broad-spectrum activity against a wide range of pathogens including coronavirus.
- During other endemics these drugs have been used and had already shown survival benefits in patients against deadly viruses such as Ebola, Zika, Marburg, and Yellow fever too.
- Galidesivir is currently in the advanced development stage to combat multiple potential viral threats including coronaviruses, flaviviruses filoviruses, paramyxoviruses, togaviruses, bunyaviruses, and arenaviruses.
Regeneron’s REGN3048-3051 and Kevzara
- REGN3048 and REGN3051 are monoclonal antibodies discovered by Regeneron.
- a first-in-human clinical trial on 48 patients will be done which is sponsored by the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) The study will be for finding the safety and tolerability of the drug.
- Both the antibodies bind to the S-protein of MERS coronavirus. The intravenous administration of the drug in the mouse model of MERS resulted in the high-level neutralization of the MERS coronavirus in circulating blood with reduced viral loads in the lungs.
- Next fully human monoclonal antibody-drug Kevzara which is used for the treatment of rheumatic arthritis, is in phase two/three clinical trials in patients with severe COVID-19 infection. Kevzara is approved for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis and is known to block the interleukin-6 (IL-6) pathway, which causes an overactive inflammatory response in the lungs of COVID-19 patients.
- In this study, Regeneron has partnered with Sanofi
- SNG001 is an inhaled drug that is being planned to be tested by the University of Southampton to treat asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, and lower respiratory tract illnesses caused by a coronavirus by Synairgen Research.
- It contains Interferon-β and this drug is being administered through a nebulizer which is then delivered directly to the lungs to reduce the severity of the infection caused by coronavirus.
- AminoBoost by Lattice Biologics, was developed for chronic adult inflammatory like osteoarthritis.
- It is using in treating acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) in COVID-19 patients as this drug reduces the production of pro-inflammatory cytokines while boosting the production of anti-inflammatory cytokines.