In Nepal, recently there has been a provision for Common Medical Entrance Exam for entering into the medical education from this year. This common exam is named a Medical Education Common Entrance Exam for Post Graduate Programs (MECEE- PG)
What is the National Medical Education Act?
National Medical Education Act 2075 has provided the provision for the common entrance examination to be conducted by the Medical Education Commission for enrollment of students in various programs and colleges throughout the country. Medical Education Commission bears the responsibility to conduct Postgraduate Entrance Examination in the current academic year.
What is MECEE- PG Exam?
The Medical Education Board Nepal will be hereafter conducting the various PG ( Post graduate ) Medical courses in Nepal from this year as MECEE- PG 2020.
And, it will be only one Common Medical Entrance Exam for all Postgraduate courses in different Colleges and Universities in Nepal.
In the same way every year this exam is conducted and next year it will be MECEE- PG 2021.
Medical Education Board Nepal has already announced the dates for conducting the Common Medical Entrance Exam for Medical PG seats in March 2020 but due to the covid pandemic, it might be postponed.
The students will have to appear in this exam for the Postgraduate Medical Degree, then according to the merit scored, the students will choose college accordingly and during the counseling time.
This exam is similar to the NBE in India which conducts the NEET PG entrance exam for admission to various PG Medical courses in India.
Medical Education Common Medical Entrance Exam PG (MECEE-PG) Programs in Nepal
Currently, the Medical Education Commission, Sanothmi, Bhaktapur has already published a notice regarding the common entrance examination for admission in the following post graduate programs. These are the Medical Education Common Medical Entrance Exam PG (MECEE-PG) Programs in Nepal.
- MD/MS (Doctor of Medicine/Master of Surgery)
- MDS (Master in Dental Surgery)
- MPH (Master of Public Health)/MSc PH (Master of Science in Public Health), MPHN, MHPE, MPH (Public Health Service Management)
- MD Ayurveda (Kayachikitsa)
- Master in Nursing/ Midwifery/ MSc Nursing
- Master in Pharmacy (M.Pharm), MSc. Pharmacy, Master of Pharmaceutical Science
- MSc MIT (Master of Science in Medical Imaging Technology)
- MSc Clinical/Medical Biochemistry and MSc Clinical Medical Microbiology
- M.Optom (Master in Optometry)
- MPhil in Clinical Psychology