Issuing of Medical certificates is one of the important task for the medical professionals . It has become gross misuse for the purpose of amounting purpose and to even being considered as false certificate. Moreover, it indirectly violates the medical ethics and is liable to be punished severely may be entail the cancellation of the registration to practise of the medical professional. so MCI recommendations regarding issuing medical certificate 2020 has been issued some protocols which the m edical practioners has to follow .
MCIMCI recommendations regarding issuing medical certificate recommendations regarding issuing medical certificate.
1. Never give it for more than 15 days.
2. See Patient again after 15 days and re issue.
3. Even in repeat case’s, make sure that he or she are the patient , identify the pt. By photo I. D. Card , and then issue. *Not to the attendants.*
3. Avoid issuing certificate for diseases which you are not treating / or trained to treat. (Other Disciplines)
4. Describe the disability at best as you can even if you don’t know how to grade it.
5. MOST IMPORTANT *It is a legal document*
Even if you print otherwise, it is admissible in court & you can’t say , ” that it was not intended for legal purposes”
6. Certificate must address a particular person….”like Principal of school, employer etc.
*Don’t write whomsoever it may concern.*
7. Never give from back date
8. Never give without your OPD days.
9. Never give fitness on advanced date or back date.
10. Never give fitness, if Rest given by somebody else.
11. Give if you can justify the disease or ailment and duration also for that particular disease.
12. If there is no disease, then always ask purpose why are you want to take medical, then only give 2- 3 days If someone’s family member in severe life threatening to attending him on humanity ground, pl veryfy it before giving, because opinion can differ person to person.
13. Physical presence is must because pt. May be at abroad or heavenly abode. So never write down PNB (Patient NOT Brought)
14. You are responsible class one gazetted officer verifying the physical presence and attendance.
Legally and valid document in court to justify the presence and absence of accused and deceased at the scene of crime.
More on respective site