General Pathology Revision questions for Exam 2
These exam points are useful for for the NMCLE, USMLE, FCPS, and many other medical exam
Answer or Keys are at the end for General Pathology Revision questions for Exam Part 2
101. Rb gene associated with which 2 tumors?
102. Dysplastic navus associated with which neoplasm?
103. Cachexia is mediated by?
104. c-kit gene associated tumor is?
105. Staging of tumor is done by?
106. Malignancy of skeletal muscle is called ?
107. Term carcinoma implies which origin?
108. Tumor involving all germs layers called?
109. DPC gene associated tumor?
110. Bombesin tumor marker of?
111. Poly cystic kidney disease is which Mendelian genetic disorder?
112. Known cause of congenital anomalies are ?
113. Most common autosomal recessive disorder is ?
114. First 4 weeks of life is called which period?
115. Which disease is commonly associated with down syndrome in younger age?
116. Mitochondrial DNA disorder is associated with —— inheritance?
117. Barr body is attached to which part of cell?
118. Most common cause of neonatal death?
119. Cataract is caused by which infection during pregnancy?
120. XXY genotype is of ??
121. Best way to identify Turner syndrome?
122. Achondroplasia is associated with ??
123. Pt with primary amenorrhea, webbed neck , short stature…. What is Karyotype?
124. Allele is which type of gene ?
125. Triple marker for Down syndrome are??
126. Scanty Barr body ??
127. Most common type of Mendelian disorder is?
128. Most common X linked disorder is ?
129. Highest caloric value is of ?
130. Beriberi is due to which vit def?
131. Most common pathogen causing congenital infection is ?
132. Vit A used in treatment of?
133. The most common source of vit k is ?
134. Name essential fatty acids?
135. Tryptophan is used in synthesis of?
136. Ionization radiation damages which part of cell?
137. Most frequent type of cancer caused by radiation?
138. Nicotine patch is in treating of??
139. Most common drowning is ?
140. What is the most important factor determining daily energy expenditure ?
141. Most common cause of death in anorexia nervosa ?
142. First hematological sign in total body radiation?
143. Most common systemic complication of IV drug abuser?
144. Which element is use in diabetes?
145. Sepsis in burn patient is due to ?
146. Goat milk lacks in?
147. Gene which is defective in obesity?
148. Rat poisons contain which derivative?
149. Corn based diets are deficient in?
150. Which current os more dangerous?
151. What metabolite of nicotine used for screening?
152. Cofactor in conversion of dopamine to nor epinephrine?
153. Most common UV B light related cancer?
154. Vomiting in bulemia nervosa produces ———– alkalosis?
155. What complication occurs in shaken baby syndrome?
156. Which bile acid is not reabsorbed in terminal and has role in producing colorectal
157. 1st sign of vitamin A deficiency?
158. What is least sensitive to radiation?
159. Avidin in raw eggs bind with ?
160. Ulcer that may develop in burn tissue is ?
161. Bergers disease is strongly associated with ?
162. Pellagra is due to —-deficiency?
163. Name far soluble vitamins?
164. Sarcoma is derived of ?
165. Non neoplastic tissue in foreign origin?
166. —– is a neoplastic component and —— is non neoplastic component?
167. Benign tumors are enclosed by fibrinous capsule except?
168. Sarcomas spread through ——- and carcinomas through——-commonly?
169. Glioblastoma multiforme seeds in??
170. Most common cancer in children is ?
171. Most common type of mutation in cancer is ?
172. Most common anemia in cancer?
173. Most common pata neoplastic syndrome?
174. Carcinoma which invade tissues but dosen’t metastasize?
175. Virus cause cancer because they have ??
176. Which of the following is the most radio sensitive phase of cell cycle?
177. Most radiosensitive tumor is ?
178. Tumor involving lymph vessels is called ?
179. Slowest growing thyroid tumor?
180. Radiation usually cause cancer after —–years?
Keys or Answers to the questions
101. Retinoblastoma and osteosarcoma
102. Malignant melanoma
104. Gastrointestinal stromal tumor (GIST)
105. Degree of localization/spread based on site and size
107. Epithelial origin
109. Pancreatic cancer
110. Neuroblastoma, lung and gastric cancer
111. Autosomal dominant
114. Neonatal period
115. Alzheimer’s diseas
117. Nuclear membrane
120. Klinefelter syndrome
122. Inc paternal age
124. Non identical gene
125. Dec AFP, inc HCG , dec uterine estriol
126. Controversial .. I m with Turner syndrome
127. Autosomal recessive
128. fragile X syndrome
130. Vit B 1( thiamine)
132. Acne and acute premyelocytic leukemia
133. Colonic bacteria
134. Linoleic acid and linolenic acid
137. Acute leukemia
138. Ulcerative colitis
139. Wet drowning
141. Ventricular arrhythmia
143. Hep B
145. Pseudomonas aeroginosa
146. Folate and pyridoxine
149. Tryptophan and niacin
150. AC current
152. Vit C
153. Basal cell carcinoma
154. Hypokalemic metabolic alkalosis
155. Retinal hemorrhage
156. Lithocholic acid
157. Night blindness
160. Marjolin ulcer
162. Niacin deficiency
164. Connective tissue
166. Parenchyma , stroma
167. Uterine leiomyoma
168. Haematogenous ,, lymphatics
170. Acute lymphoblastic leukemia
171. Point mutation
172. Anemia of chronic disease
174. Basal cell carcinoma
176. M phase
177. Lymph node
178. Cystic hygroma
179. Papillary carcinoma
180. 5-10 years