The International Organization for Migration is seeking qualified Nepali Nationals for the following position based in Kathmandu.
Position Title: Temporary Nurse- 1 position
Classification: SAI, 3 months with possibility of extension, ungraded (equivalent to Grade – 5)
Under the direct supervision of the Head Nurse and overall supervision of International Migration Health Physician in Kathmandu, with the guidance from the Chief Migration Health Physician (CMHN) for technical matters and the Chief of Mission, Nepal for administrative matters, the successful candidate will have the following duties and responsibilities:
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the Deputy Head Nurse/Migration Health Physician in organizing the activities related to migration medical assessment.
- Obtain blood, urine, sputum and other specimens for laboratory testing.
- Perform rapid laboratory tests, including but not limited to dipstick urinalysis, pregnancy tests, glucometry, rapid malaria tests and other tests as necessary.
- Administer and read tuberculin skin test.
- Administer vaccinations and manage the inventory of vaccines.
- Administer treatment for tuberculosis, syphilis, malaria, intestinal parasites and others as may be requested by the MHP. Manage and report adverse effects. Maintain relevant records.
- Assist Migration Health Physicians (MHPs) in medical examination, including collecting medical history, checking vital signs, weigh, height and visual acuity.
- Perform identification of the migrants coming for health assessments.
- Assist in management of medical documents of and filing process.
- Provide HIV pre- counselling before medical screening and post counselling if needed.
- Provide TB education to the TB patients and family members.
- Monitor and implement follow up procedures for the medical hold cases
- Assist Deputy Chief Nurse to control inventory and supply of medications, vaccines and others.
- Conduct follow-up for arrival at TC in terms of health education, necessary investigation and treatment, and medical condition
- Conduct Pre-embarkation check (PEC) and active screening to identify communicable diseases and significant medical condition
- Enter data recorded for Pre-Departure Medical Screening form into IOM database (MiMOSA):
- Prepare complete PDMS form along with other pre-departure documents, and hand over to Operation Unit in time
- Participate in the surveillance, if required.
- Liaise with internal and external partners, if requested.
- Perform other duties as may assigned by the supervisors.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Bachelor degree in Nursing.
- Five years of working experience.
- Previous experience in management of health facilities/services, experience in rehabilitation care will be an advantage.
- Knowledge and understanding of computerized information systems, in particular Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent analytical skills and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills (working knowledge of English is required)
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application indicating clearly the position applied. SVN number and CV with three references to the following address: Human Resource Department, International Organization for Migration, P.O. Box 25503, Baluwatar, Kathmandu or email to email@example.com by 29 October 2015. Only short listed candidates will be called for interview.