Transcultural Psychosocial Organization (TPO) Nepal is one of Nepal’s leading organizations in psychosocial and mental health field. It was established in 2005 with the aim of promoting psychosocial well-being and mental health of people in conflict affected and other vulnerable communities through the development of sustainable, culturally-appropriate, and community-based psychosocial support systems.
Indigo Partnership research programme is a multi-site collaboration for anti-stigma interventions in low- and middle-income countries (China, Ethiopia, India, Nepal, and Tunisia) that aims to: 1) carry out research to strengthen the understanding of mechanisms of stigma processes and reduce stigma and discrimination against people with mental illness in LMICs; and 2) establish a strong collaborative research consortium through the conduct of this work. The Indigo Partnership involves developing and pilot testing anti-stigma interventions at the community, primary care, and specialist care levels, with a systematic approach to cultural and contextual adaptation across the sites. TPO Nepal seeks competent, committed and result oriented candidate for the following position:
Title: Junior Research Officer
Job station: Pokhara
Job duration: Until September 2021 with possibilities of extension
Number of opening: 1 (One)
Start date: At the earliest
The Junior Research Officer will be responsible for following duties but not limited to:
- Prepare, plan to conduct qualitative research activities (FGDs, KIIs etc.) as per the need of the project
- Transcribe and translate qualitative interviews in both Nepali and English languages
- Support Project coordinators and other project team for overall project/research planning, action plans and monitoring processes
- Work together with Project coordinator and other project team for providing support to the research teams and report to the project coordinator and concern supervisor
- Coordinate research activities with GOs, NGOs, and other stakeholders in the implementation sites
- Initiate to manage logistical documents for research activities and provide logistical support to other research team
- Coordinate and conduct the processing and analysis of data and keep all research data safely
- Schedule periodical meetings with the Project Coordinator/Supervisor and other concern research team
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Completion of minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in related field (Psychology, Public Health, Social Work, Sociology, Development Studies, Anthropology, or related fields). Priority will be given to candidate with Master’s Degree.
- Minimum one year of experience in Research or/and Monitoring and Evaluation
- Proficiency in spoken and written English; word processing skills in both English and Nepali (Devanagri typing)
- Sound knowledge in research design, methods and analysis. Knowledge on SPSS and NVIVO would be an added benefit
- Preference will be given to the local candidates with experience in mental health research including transcription & translation of qualitative interviews
Interested, qualified, and motivated candidates meeting the above requirements are encouraged to apply along with cover letter, updated resume (CV), and expected salary to: email@example.com, no later than 5:00 p.m., 14th February, 2021.