As winter approaches, there are lots of sets of health problems- like cold, cough, dry skin, chapped lips and so on. Apart from these problems, swollen fingers or chilblains are one of the major concern for people in the winter season. Due to exposure of limbs to several hours on cold, the swollen fingers become reddish which gradually leads to a burning sensation and itching. This sort of condition is very painful.
symptoms of chilblains for the Remedy to Swollen Fingers or Chilblains
. You may get just one chilblain but often several develop. They may join together to form a larger swollen, red area of skin.
- Chilblains are very itchy. A burning sensation is also typical.
- They are usually red at first but may become purple.
- Pain and tenderness over the chilblains often develop.
- In some cases the skin over a chilblain may blister which may delay healing.
- Occasionally, the skin breaks down to leave a small ulcer which is prone to infection.
Typically, each chilblain lasts for about seven days and then, gradually, goes away over a week or so. Some people have recurring bouts of chilblains each winter.
Prevention from chilblains:Remedy to Swollen Fingers or Chilblains
Some certain home remedies that seems highly effective in case of swollen fingers. We here, present you few homely tips that will surely help you to get rid of swollen fingers.
- Hot water: Dip your swollen fingers in the warm or hot water as per tolerated for five to 10 minutes for some weeks. it will help you to keep your hand warm and have good circulation
- Lemon: Apply lemon juice on the swollen part of the fingers and get an instant relief
- Onion: Onion helps in improving blood flow in the body. It has antibiotic and antiseptic properties and hence, if applied on the affected area, gives relief from itching and swelling.
- Garlic: Garlic is a powerhouse of antiseptic properties that are great to counteract the problem of swollen fingers.
- Turnip: Turnip is also an effective painkiller which reduces the issue of swelling, redness and itching in the fingers.
- Add a pinch of powdered black pepper in a mustard oil and heat it properly. Once, it is cool, apply it on the swollen fingers and see the results.
- Cut a slice of potato and add salt, apply it on the affected area. This formula is great to get relief from swelling, redness and itching.
- Prepare a mixture of glycerin, porridge, egg and apply it on the swollen area. Cover this paste using a bandage and keep it for some time. The mixture reduces swelling.
Treatments of Chilblains: to Remedy to Swollen Fingers or Chilblains
No special treatments are not need actually, they usually go themselves. some treatment options are below:
- Keep the affected areas warm. This means staying out of the cold, or wearing warm gloves, socks, during outgoing and staying at home.
- Creams and lotions may be available at shops and pharmacies. However, there is no evidence that any of these are of benefit so they are therefore not recommended.
- Steroid creams are not recommended for the treatment (or prevention) of chilblains.
- Smoking can make chilblains worse so it should be stopped as soon as possible.
- Medicine that dilated small blood vessels may help to treat chilblains.