Osteoporosis is is weakness of bone which is also called as break bone disease . In Osteoporosis may need bone health vitamins . when there’s a higher breakdown of bone in comparison to the formation of new bone which results in porous bones, meaning a decrease in bone density to the point of potential fracture.Not only the weak bones, different bone disease like paget disease, rickets, osteomalacia, and many break bone disease are related.
Around 25 percent of patients with osteoporotic spine or hip fracture end up dying within six months. so inorde to keep healthy bone , Bone health vitamins may be one of the essential nutrient may need for the healthy bone or keep out of osteoporosis. It can be a questions regarding how to make weak bones strong when you got osteoporosis.
What is Osteoporosis and bone health vitamins ?
Medically, Osteoporosis is the most common bone disease, occurs due to a decrease in the bone mass, which results in weakness of the bones.This weakness becomes so severe that bones in spine and hips can get easy break. The bones of spine, hips, wrist and shoulders are common to fracture.In its activities such as lifting a bag, standing from a sitting position and injuries from falls can result in unnoticeable bone breaks or fractures. Some time bone health vitamins are also needed to boost the bone for the osteoporotic bone .
Often, a fracture of the spine may be the first sign that you are suffering from osteoporosis . Once you have a fracture, then there is already substantial amount of bone loss.
Risk factors for osteoporosis or weak bones?
The risk of developing osteoporosis depends on how much bone mass you obtain by 30 years of age and how well you maintain the mass after that age
- Age and sex: Post-menopausal women and women above 45 years of age are at risk for osteoporosis because women lose 3 percent of their bone mass every year in the first seven years after menopause.
- Estrogen Deficiency: Estrogen is a female hormone produced by the ovaries. Estrogen deficiency can lead to osteoporosis
- Genetics: There is a 50-85 percent increased risk of developing osteoporosis due to family genetics
- Others: Inadequate intake of dietary calcium and Vitamin D, poor nutrition, smoking; use of alcohol, steroids and antiepileptic medication are also contributing factors
How Osteoporosis is diagnosed ?
- Typically a woman above 45 years of age or post-menopausal women with diffuse back pain, stooped posture, presenting with loss of height or development of a fracture due to minor trauma.
- plain X-ray can be done for the primary assessment of osteoporosis and for confirmation the fracture especially in spine or hip
- BMD scan are done to assess bone quality with T and Z score
- MRI and CT scans are performed to rule out or confirm spinal cord and nerve root compression.
- Level of Vitamin D, Calcium are assessed
What is BMD and T-Score?
BMD is Bone Mineral Density Testing. BMD scan can be use to assess the bone quality. Usually T and Z score are calculated
BMD scan with DEXA scan is to be done to detect the amount of bone loss and blood calcium, phosphorus, vitamin D and serum creatinine levels. A DEXA scan takes approximately 30 minutes and is a painless procedure.
A T–score between −1 and −2.5 indicates that you have low bone mass, although not low enough to be diagnosed with osteoporosis. A T–score of −2.5 or lower indicates that you have osteoporosis. The greater the negative number, the more severe the osteoporosis
Tips on How to Improve Bone health
Here are video tips on How to Improve Bone Health and how to increase bone density to keep good bone health in you tube video ?
Prevention and need of bone health vitamins
To make bone healthy and strong and keep out of osteoporosis, we should know about the prevention or slowing bone loss. The prevention measure for healthy bone are listed as follows
- Any woman above 45 years of age or those who are postmenopausal need regular consult and take timely preventive measures.
- Need to take Nutritious and well-balanced diet, with adequate amount of calcium and vitamin D
- Dairy products such as cheese, butter, cream, fortified milk, yogurt, broccoli, collards, turnip, fish, oysters and fortified cereals are good sources of Vitamin D and calcium.
- Avoid smoking, alcohol and caffeine.
- To build strong bones, weight-bearing exercises such as walking and strengthening drills are beneficial
- Calcium and vitamin D supplements are the bone health vitamins to boost bones
- Other anti-osteoporotic medications may need to be taken
Bone Health Vitamins that make you Strong
These are list of some bone health vitamins that make your bone strong. Taking regular bone nutrients can make rid of osteoporois . these should be taken regularly on your everyday diet.
- Green Vegetables
- Salmon fish
- Tuna fish
- Lean meat
- Orange Juice