Nick Simons Institute vacancy for Medical officer, Staff Nurse and Program Officer
Nick Simons Institute (NSI) is an organization with a mission to innovate solutions in rural healthcare – through training and hospital support and to advocate for healthcare workers with the government of Nepal. Since its establishment in 2006 NSI has been working with the Ministry of Health and Population (MoHP) in strengthening the rural healthcare services through its Hospital Support Program (HSP) throughout the country therefore NSI is seeking qualified and suitable candidates for the following positions:
Position: Medical Officer
Work Station: Government Primary Hospital
Terms: 1 year
- Work as a Medical Officer (MO) in an NSI assigned government primary hospital.
- Provide day-to-day clinical care to patients.
- Conduct deliveries and identify obstetric complications and manage accordingly.
- Undertake Advanced Skill Birth Attendants (ASBA) training and perform C- Section independently.
Minimum Qualification and Requirements:
- MBBS Graduate with valid NMC registration.
- Competent, energetic and ready to work in a rural setting in a district hospital.
Position: Staff Nurse (Few)
Work Station: Government District Hospital
Terms: 1 year
- Work as a Staff Nurse in an NSI assigned in government primary hospital.
- Provide day-to-day nursing care to patients.
- Conduct normal deliveries and identify obstetric complications and manage accordingly.
- Work with hospital surgical team as the Operation Theater (OT) nurse.
- PCL Nursing from recognized Nursing School.
- Active Registration with Nepal Nursing Council
- Having Skilled Both Attended (SBA) training
- Native of working District or nearby districts
- At least of 1 year of work experience
- Experience in OT nursing
Position: Program Officer (Few)
Work Station: Outside Kathmandu
Terms: 1 year
- Conduct Minimum Standard Service (MSS) Workshops and Monitoring and Evaluation of hospitals
- Support Provincial health office for Hospital strengthening programs.
- Provide technical assistance to MoSD
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, Nursing and Healthcare Management.
- Registered in Professional Council.
- Staff Nurse or Health Assistant background is preferable.
- At least 3 – 5 years’ work experience in related field and Nepal Government healthcare institutions/Hospitals.
- Hands – on knowledge of facilitation and workshops conductions
- Excellent reports writing skills.
Application submission process
Interested and qualified applicants are requested to submit their application along with up – dated CV in 2 pages. Please mention two referees, and send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receiving applications: 13 March 2020 by 5 pm.
Telephone esquires will strictly not be entertained