A Medical Doctor (M/F)
For Nepal based in Sindhupalchowk
For more than 30 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies. Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in 46 countries across all continents where it focuses on 4 priority areas: caring for the health of migrants and displaced persons, promoting sexual and reproductive health, combating HIV and reducing the harm and risks associated with drug use, crises and conflicts.
MDM has been working in Nepal since 1995 and is currently implementing a project in Sindhupalchowk District that aims at providing relief to populations affected by the earthquake.
TASKS AND RESPONSABILITIES:
Under the supervision of the PHC Referent, the Medical Doctor develops activities in the mobile clinics and implements them.
- She/he directly supervises the activities of MdM mobile clinics in her/his area of intervention (Jalbire or Sunkhani or Barhabise) in Sindhupalchok district. The Medical Doctor implements primary health care services in an emergency setting. Services include essential drug administration, curative treatment for communicable/non communicable diseases and injuries, epidemiological reporting, sexual and reproductive health services, psychosocial support, sanitation and health education.
- She/he is responsible of the mobile clinic and the team.
- She/he could perform health need assessments in Sindhupalchok district, as requested, and give answer to expand MdM medical activities according to the need measured.
- To manage the day to day activities in the Mobile Clinic
- To perform Consultations: provide health care and emergency treatment for the patients in MC
- To implement PHC protocols according to internationally accepted/MdM standards, with a focus on controlling communicable diseases and rational use of antibiotics
- In collaboration with the Nurse, provide regular health education to patients on diagnosis, treatment and medication (if prescribed).
- To follow up the filling of patient’s file
- To ensure patient confidentiality is respected (Patient files/charts locked in cabinet)
- To identify and to organize the transfer of emergency cases to the competent authority (supervise the referral system).
Management and Monitoring process
- To supervise the team in the centre. Follow the work of each position, if it is done according to the job description and raise issues they have to give some solutions; reports to the PHC Referent if needed
- To ensure that the team respect MdM rules and if not, enforce it
- To insure the refill of the pharmacy regarding consumption and prevision, with the nurse in charge of the pharmacy.
- To send weekly consumption lists and drug orders to Pharmacist on time
- To ensure correct/accurate data and documentation.
- To ensure a proper medical waste management
- To inform the PHC Referent about any relevant medical issues, HR issues, reporting issues.
- She/he will be responsible (signature requested):
- Drugs reception
- Referral form
- Drug order
- Weekly report
- Patient’s file
- Upon request of the Medco or PHC Referent:
- Responsible for collection and verification of the epidemiological data according to the framework (weekly morbidity charts): all the data must be sent weekly to the PHC referent
- Responsible of the weekly report (activities)
- Collect any other data/reports as requested by PHC Referent
- Responsible to provide PHC Referent analysis on feedback of the epidemiological data
- Respond Ä±f there Ä±s any doctor absence in other clinic accordÄ±ng to Med Sup Deputy planning
- To participate to the lecture/training organized by the PHC Referent and the Medical Coordinator.
- To participate in assessments with PHC Referent or the Medical Coordinator, where and when necessary.
- To participate in any specialized responses (outbreak response, health campaigns) taking place in the camp as requested by MdM
- To represent and actively participate in any relevant meetings as requested by PHC Referent
- Any other relevant duties as requested by PHC Referent
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Starting: As Soon As Possible
- Contract: Employee With fixed term contract (2 months, renewable) / Full time
- Based in MDM areas of intervention in Sindhupalchowk
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
- You are committed to MdM values as an organization and motivated by its non-statutory, NFP model.
- Educational Background: Medical Doctor Degree mandatory
- Experience: 2 years experiences. Work in Health Post or Primary Health Care Center is mandatory. Experience working in humanitarian emergency settings is an asset.
- Computer skills: Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Languages: Nepali, English
Please send a CV and a covering letter to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for submission is on: 20/06/2015
MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED