Nursing Licence Exam to become a Registered Nurse RN in Nepal is essential for the Nurses after completion of the study. Nepal Nursing Council is an autonomous body under the Nepal Nursing Council Act 2052 which is formulated by the Government of Nepal.
It aims at promoting quality nursing education in order to bring quality nursing services in the country. Nursing licensure Examination or Nursing council exam for Nurses in Nepal is a national examination for nurses developed by the Nepal Nursing Council.
‘National Licensure Examination for Nurses is an examination to qualify as nursing professionals after their completion of Nursing course. This National Licensure Examination for Nurses(NLEN) is mandatory for all new graduates of Proficiency Certificate Level (PCL) and Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSc N.)
The examination for Registered Nurse in Nepal is simply focused on testing knowledge and skills in relation to the job functions most commonly required by entry-level nurses. NLEN examination determines eligibility to earn the title of a registered nurse to begin to work as a professional rn registered nurse in Nepal.
The objectives of the licensure examination are to maintain quality nursing services to the public, To maintain a professional standard of knowledge and skills among new graduates and to recommend for strengthening the capability of nursing institutions for quality nursing education
Eligibility For Registered Nurse RN in Nepal
For to become a Registered Nurse RN in Nepal following eligibility are required. you should know details
- Should be Nepali citizen graduated from Nepal
- candidate must present satisfactory evidence of having received at least a four-year degree (B.Sc N.) or 3 years of Proficiency Certificate Level (Diploma level) program that is approved by NNC.
- Nepali citizen graduated from other countries Applicants, who have completed nursing education from another country, must have their equivalence certificate from the concerned authority. Individual applicants need to be graduated from the institute recognized from the respective nursing council or authorized government body and must submit the documents.
- Foreigners who graduated from Nepal Foreign applicants who graduated from Nepal must have completed the nursing program from the institution approved by NNC and must submit the documents.
- Foreigners who graduated from other countries A person, who comes to Nepal to work, must appear National Licensure Examination to become Registered Nurse RN in Nepal. The Person, who stay with a tourist visa are not allowed to apply
Exception on nursing license exam in Nepal
- Reporting prior convictions or discipline against licenses Applicants are required under ‘Regulation of the National Licensure Examination for Nurses’ to report all misdemeanor and felony convictions. Failure to report prior disciplinary action is considered falsification of application and is a ground for denial of licensure or revocation of license.
- Applicants with differently-abled Applicants, who are differently-abled, are under Civil Law.
Documents for the nursing license exam in Nepal
- Application form (original)
- Photocopies of the following documents * (SLC Mark sheet and Character Certificate, Citizenship, Academic Transcript or Mark sheet and Character Certificate of PCL Nursing, Academic Transcript or 10+2 Mark sheet or I.Sc. Mark sheet and Character Certificate for B.Sc. Nursing, Academic Transcript or Mark sheet and Character Certificate of B.Sc. Nursing
- Passport Size Photos (6)
- Examination fee (SBI Bank Voucher Original) Call Deposit A/C No, 20435240100009 (NRS 1500)
- Document of recognition /accreditation of institute from the nursing council or individual registration in the nursing council or in the authorized body (only in case of non-existence of nursing council) of the respective country (only applicable for the Nepalese graduated from the other countries). Attested by Notary Public for Foreign Degree Certificates, Equivalency letter from CTEVT/TU 1
* Original Certificate Document need to bring for Verification
Documents required for Foreign Nurses
- Application form, original
- Photocopy of Certificate of nursing educational degree,
- Photocopy of certification of registration from the nursing council of the respective country
- Recommendation letter from the organization in Nepal where the applicant is going to work (original)
- Photocopy of Valid visa or Passport/citizenship for those who do not need to have visa to enter Nepal,
- Examination fee (SBI Bank Voucher Original) Call Deposit A/C No, 20435240100009 NRS (2500)
- Passport size photos (5)
- Attested Photocopy of the Certificate of Nursing Educational degree by the Concerned Organization where the Individual works.
Duration of nursing license exam in Nepal
The Registered Nurse RN exam duration is also specified. Licensure Examination will be of three and a half hours (3:30) duration. Applicants are not allowed to enter the examination room after 15 minutes from starting the examination. Applicants can leave the room only after 1 hour of starting the examination.
Questions Pattern for nursing license exam in Nepal
All of the test items are Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) with four options. Applicants are to select the most appropriate choice mentioned there.
Subjects Distribution of test items (%) (Possible numbers of items)
- Integrated Science 5% (10)
- Fundamentals of Nursing 25% (50)
- Community Health Nursing 15% (30)
- Adult Nursing 20% (40)
- Child Health Nursing 10% (20)
- Midwifery and Gynecology 20% (40)
- Leadership and Management 5% (10)
So, to become a Registered Nurse RN in Nepal above details are mandatory . Every Nursing students should know in hand .
Also Read: Nepal Nursing License Exam Syllabus