How to Get relief from Stiff Neck Pain
Our life has become technological. Most of the time we are engaged and staring at computers smartphones most of the day due to which lots of people are nowadays facing stiff Neck pain which makes our life uneasy and unhealthy. Generally, a stiff neck is the result of muscles weakening for a long period of time due to poor postures in our daily life activities. Looking at your computer monitor all day can cause the stretching of the muscles joints. Driving for a long time, looking at your smartphone for a long time have also the same effect. Moreover, if this posture goes for a long time then later it can cause various neck conditions.
The key point to Get relief from Stiff Neck Pain is proper stretching and manipulation of the neck muscle. You can try at your desk or in the car may help to relieve it. Here are some of the steps how can you relieve the pain and stiffness of neck
- Putting your monitor at eye level
- sitting up straight
- avoiding tilting and twisting your head down and to the side while you’re on the computer or other activities
- When you’re driving or looking at your smartphone or sitting on the computer, studying for a long time, be sure to take frequent breaks
- Roll your shoulders backward and down 10 times
- Squeeze your shoulder blades together 10 times
- Push your head backward into your car headrest or hands and hold for 30 seconds
- Bring your ear to your shoulder 10 times on each side
- Take care when you sleep, sleep on the side or on your back, never on stomach
For pain relief, these can be some of the remedies
- Apply heat or ice to the painful area. Use ice for the first 48 to 72 hours, then use heat after that. Heat may be applied with warm showers, hot compresses or a heating pad.
- Take pain relievers medicines
- Keep moving, but avoid jerking or painful activities.
- Start slow range-of-motion exercises, up and down, side to side, and from ear to ear. These helps in stretching the neck muscles.
Get gently massage the sore or painful areas.
- Try sleeping on a firm mattress without a pillow or with a special neck pillow.
Use a soft neck collar to relieve discomfort with the assist of your doctor. Do not use the collar for a long time.
Here is the video for doing exercise for stiff neck