The Gurkha Welfare Trust Nepal (GWT(N)) invites applications from suitably qualified, experienced and interested medical doctors in providing and managing medical services from the following locations:
- Female AWC Doctor
- Working for Area Welfare Centres (AWCs) Dharan (partly AWC Damak), Butwal and Bagmati.
- Part time Doctor
- – Working for AWC Chitwan
- Must have qualified as a Medical Doctor (MBBS) and registered with Nepal Medical Council (NMC).
- Post Graduate qualifications (MD in GP or Medicine) are desirable.
- Must have good command of both spoken and written English.
- Must be computer competent.
- Must be Nepali citizen.
- Minimum of five years of work experience with Govt/ Private hospitals/Health Posts/Centres.
- Experience in working in remote areas with Government/international organizations preferable.
- Experience in coaching, teaching, mentoring and management of clinical staff highly desirable.
- Experience in working/consulting elderly patients and chronic diseases desirable.
- Monthly Salary for Female AWC Doctor will be NRs 178,785 to 181,774 (FY 2019/20 scale) depending on qualifications and experience with Provident Fund, Gratuity, One month pay as Festival Bonus. Medical Cover, Holidays and other facilities as per Nepal Labour Act and GWT(N) Regulations.
- For AWC Chitwan part time Doctor – remuneration will be on pro-rata basis of the monthly salary scale of cluster doctor (NRs 151,280). All other benefits i.e. Provident Fund & Gratuity and Festival bonus, medical cover and leave/holidays will also be on pro-rata basis.
- All selected individuals will be on 3 months’ probationary period and provided s/he achieves the expected performance level, 3 years contract will be confirmed, and may be extended further on the basis of need and performance.
Application deadline: 24 March 2020
Mobile Health Practitioner
The Gurkha Welfare Trust Nepal invites applications from suitably qualified applicants for the position of Mobile Health Practitioner (MHP) to serve from one of our 21 Area Welfare Centres in different districts of Nepal.
- The applicants must be qualified and licensed as PCL Nurse, or Health Assistant, or above, and registered with appropriate Medical Council in Nepal.
- S/he should have a minimum of 3 years practical work experience.
- The candidate should have experience of practising in a community based medical facility in Nepal, must be familiar with standard infection control precautions, be a team player, be able to function independently but show the ability to identify patient needs above qualification and escalate to the medical management for clinical assistance.
- As the role of the MHP is targeted at pensioners residing in the very remote areas of Nepal, the candidate must be physically fit and able to function independently.
- Possession of the motorbike licence will be a desirable competence.
- Maintain highest possible standards of clinical practice.
- Maintain and manage vulnerable pensioners list and delivery of aid.
- Ensure standards of practice and service delivery as laid down by local regulations and the International Standards of practice are maintained, and their documentation is up to date.
- Ensure that universal precautions are followed at all times.
- Actively participate in the continuous quality improvement program.
- Ensure that all waste is managed in accordance with local Regulations and GWT standards.
- Perform tests and investigations as required such as ECG, spirometry, POC blood tests, in accordance with the guidelines.
- Monitoring inventory of medications and other supplies to ensure continuous availability of medications, disposable items and equipment at level agreed site Management.
- Maintaining and storing of all documentation and records related to the provision of medical services of medications used or dispensed and of consumable items used, including patient records.
- Performing other tasks as might be required within the scope of the services.
Application deadline: 24 March 2020
Medical Logistics Coordinator
The Gurkha Welfare Trust Nepal (GWT(N)) invites applications from suitably qualified, experienced and interested applicants for the post of Medical Logistics Coordinator based at Area Welfare Centre (AWC) Bagmati, Kathmandu.
Applicants must have served with the UK Brigade of Gurkhas or Gurkha Contingent Singapore Police Force and is happy to work in any of our area welfare centres countrywide. The successful candidate will be appointed provisionally on condition of gaining Nepali citizenship.
Applicants should complete a standard GWT(N) job application form and provide a CV covering the skills outlined above by email to the Office Manager HQ GWT(N) at email@example.com.
Please download an application form and return along with the following:
• Curriculum Vitae
• Copy of Certificate of Service
• Copy of Nepali citizenship
• Recent passport size photo
For further information: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +977-61-567281.
Deadline: This application process is ongoing.