Let’s know about the Easy way to relieve bloating and gas fast. There might be a problem in your stomach after eating unwanted food. Your stomach can have a problem with bloating or abdominal fullness. You might be finding the solution on how to relieve gas fast. Here in this post we are discussing and exploring about bloating in brief as below.
What is Stomach Bloating?
When your stomach is full and tight, it is described as you have a bloated stomach or bloating belly. In the case of bloating belly, though you have eaten fewer meals, the stomach feels full and very tight because of gas accumulation in the stomach or intestines.
In bloating, the belly looks larger than before, hard, and sometimes painful as well. You will have flatulence, belching or burping when you have a bloated stomach. People may experience heartburn, constipation, and also pain due to this. Bloating may persist even more hours after a meal.
Generally, bloating is a result of unhealthy food, indigestion, and gastritis. Certain gastroenterology-related disease conditions like irritable bowel syndrome, ulcer, etc. can also lead to bloating. Everyone can experience bloating at some point in time.
Bloating may not be serious what one might have thought, but for some, it is a daily condition and such can interfere with the daily job and quality of life. Bloating may not be problematic unless one has warning signs. Weight loss, severe abdominal pain, blood in the stool, fever, etc. are warning signs of a bloated stomach. With such signs, one should seek immediate medical attention.
Causes of bloating
Accumulation of gas or air in the GI tract is the main reason for stomach bloating. A type of food itself (what we eat), as well as the food eating behavior (how we eat), cause to have a bloated stomach. Certain underlying disease conditions can also cause bloating. To know about the relieve bloating and gas fast, we should know about the real cause of bloating. They are briefly mentioned below.
Foods that can cause bloating:
Following mentions common foods are the cause of bloating belly.
- Beans or legumes and lentils.
- Dairy products.
- Carbonated drinks.
- Glutens like wheat, barley, and rye.
- Cruciferous veggies like cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, and others.
- Onion and garlic.
- Apple and pear.
Dietary habits that cause bloating.
Following dietary habits can also cause bloating belly.
- The stomach has a certain capacity to hold the food within. When we eat a large meal, the stomach feels full. During such, a large number of enzymes and acids are secreted for digestion, which results in bloating.
- Eating too quickly.
- If one eats too quickly, there is a big chance that he or she swallows a lot of air through the mouth, which makes stomach bloat.
- Drinking through a straw.
- Drinking through a straw can make you ingest air into your stomach, leading to increased gas and distension in the GI tract.
- Chewing gum.
- Chewing gums contain sweeteners like sorbitol, which is mainly responsible for bloating. Moreover, chewing gums cause you to swallow excess air, leading to cause bloating.
- Increasing fiber in the diet too quickly.
- When you eat a lot of fiber too quickly, there will be a large amount of fiber in the stomach. Fiber won’t get digested easily until it reaches in the large intestine whereby the help of bacteria, the fiber gets digested. In this process, gas is created as a byproduct making you feel bloat.
- In the case of dehydration, we drink enough water. In such a scenario, our body tries to hold back enough fluid, making us feel bloated.
- Eating too much salt.
- Too much salt intake can make our body retain fluid causing us to have bloated.
Medical conditions Causing Bloating
Besides the aforementioned causes, certain underlying medical conditions can also cause to have to bloat. The bloating symptoms can be due to the following conditions
- Irritable bowel syndrome.
- Celiac disease (gluten intolerance).
- Lactose intolerance.
- Liver disease.
- Cancer (stomach, pancreas, colon, uterus, and ovary).
Also Read through :
- Teenage complaints about Parents | Transition of Child & Parents role in Adolescence
- Amazing benefits of Vitamin C foods and drinks
- Safe Scoliosis Management and Treatment Approach
- Female monthlies and Purity: Mensuration and Ovulation
- Constipation and How to Get Rid of it ?
How to relieve bloating and gas fast
It is obvious that food and dietary habits are the causatives of bloating, so if we change our lifestyle, we can avoid and reduce the bloating. The preventative methods to get rid of bloating are listed as below:
- Avoiding certain foods.
- We should avoid such diets which cause bloating.
- Foods like beans/legumes, lentils, glutens, and dairy products are regarded as gas-producing diets.
- Cruciferous veggies like cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, and kale are also flatogenic foods. Greasy and fatty foods also cause bloating.
- Avoiding certain fruits.
- Fruits like apples and pears are the causative of stomach bloating. We can prevent bloating by avoiding such apples and pears.
- Limiting caffeinated, carbonated, and alcoholic drinks.
- Alcohol like beer and carbonated drinks release carbon dioxide gas into our body leading to bloat the stomach. Some may even feel bloated while drinking red wine.
- Not drinking coffee in an empty stomach in the morning is a good idea to prevent bloating.
- Eating small meals.
- Overeating always bloats the stomach, so we should eat several small meals every three to four hours instead.
- Eating slowly, not chewing gum and not drinking through straw.
- Slowly chewing the food with a closed mouth will avoid swallowing excess air while eating, which will prevent bloating.
- Drinking through a straw and chewing gum will cause to swallow excess air, so should stop such habits.
- Drinking ginger tea and fennel seed tea.
- Starting your morning with a cup of ginger tea will improve digestion and ease your stomach pain.
- Taking fennel seed after the meal is proved to be beneficial for bloating.
- Staying active or going for a walk.
- These activities after the meal will help boost digestion, preventing bloating.
- Treating the underlying diseases.
- Certain diseases as shown above can cause bloating. In such cases, those diseases should be treated under the guidance of physicians to prevent stomach bloating.
So, In conclusion, an Easy way to relieve bloating and gas fast is to improve your dietary or food habits and be aware of the different underlying diseases.