Dark circles or dark rings around the eyes are common problem mostly in young people. Almost everyone has these bluish grey black shadows under their eyes at some point. Simply, these are a sign of fatigue due to lack of sleep, or stress, or illness . The skin becomes thin with age and veins more prominent appear like dark circles. At times of illness, nutrient deficiency or usage of drugs could also cause dark circles.
Some of the main causes behind the formation of dark circles are heredity, aging, dry skin, prolonged crying, working for long hours in front of a computer, mental or physical stress, lack of sleep and an unhealthy diet. Both men and women of different age groups can have dark circles.
Dark circles are not a serious skin problem, but they make people look tired, exhausted, unhealthy and older. We can get rid of unsightly shadows under your eyes using some easy home remedies .At times they are inherited and these don’t lost, but you can lighten them manualy
Here are some simple home remedies that will help to remove the dark circles.
Gram Flour and Turmeric paste
- Take half teaspoon of gram flour and add a pinch of turmeric powder, half teaspoon of lemon juice, half teaspoon of tomato juice. Mix to form a paste and apply carefully, leave for 20 minutes. Wipe with a cotton ball soaked in water and pat dry.
- Fresh cucumbers bears skin-lightening and mild astringent properties that help fix those raccoon eyes naturally with soothing and refreshing effect.
- Cut a fresh cucumber into thick slices and chill them in the refrigerator for about30 minutes. Then put those slices onto the affected skin area for about 10 minutes. Wash the area with water. Repeat twice daily for about a week or more.
- mix cucumber juice with lemon juice in equal amounts. Use a cotton ball to apply the mixture on the affected skin. Leave it on for 15 minutes and then wash it off with water.
- Take and grill half a cup of cucumber and extract juice. Soak cotton wool pads in this and place on eyelids. Relax for 20 minutes.
Potatos are natural bleaching agents present in potato that can help lighten dark circles and get rid of puffiness around the eyes.
- Grate a cup of raw potato and extract the juice, dip cotton pads and place on eyes for 20 minutes.
Almond oil is very beneficial for the delicate skin around your eyes. Regular usage of almond oil will help fade your under eye circles. In addition to almond oil, you can use vitamin E oil to eliminate dark circles under the eyes.
- Soak 2-3 almonds overnight, grind into a smooth paste, apply this paste on the under eye areas and leave for 30 minutes. Wash gently. Do this regularly for 3 months.
- Massage the area with almond oil; do this twice a day for at least 3 weeks. You can also use Vitamin E oil.
- Drink plenty of water and sleep for 7 – 8 hours.
Rose water rejuvenates the skin and has a soothing effect on tired eyes. It has mild astringent properties so it also works as a good skin toner.
- Soak cotton eye pads in pure rose water for a few minutes.
- Put the soaked pads on your closed eyelids.
- Leave them on for about 15 minutes.
- Follow this remedy twice daily for a few weeks.
Tomatoes have bleaching properties that can lighten skin to a great extent.
- Mix one teaspoon of tomato juice with one-half teaspoon of lemon juice. Gently apply this mixture on the dark circles and allow it to sit for 10 minutes. Rinse it off with water. Follow this remedy twice a day for a few weeks. Simply using tomato juice will also work.
- You can also drink a glass of tomato juice with some mint leaves, lemon juice and salt. For maximum results, be sure to drink this juice immediately after making it. Drink it once or twice a day for about a week.
- Drink a glass of tomato juice with a teaspoon of lemon juice and a pinch of salt.